Is it time to update the exterior of your home or business?
We don’t simply paint over peeling paint or rotted wood. We handle all the prep work for you which often includes replacing trim and vents, caulking, sanding and much more. In many cases we repair the poor workmanship of previous contractors. When finished, your home will look great and be protected against weather damage. With our Performance Promise we provide 100% satisfaction and a 10 guarantee on workmanship. Our exterior painting team is offices in McKinney, TX, serves all of DFW and beyond, and looks forward to serving you. No home, business, or multi-family property is too big or small. Below we will discuss our services, factors that go into the exterior painting cost, and how to decide which color to choose.
Exterior Painting Services:
Exterior surfaces we paint (All paintable surfaces):
- Exterior wood repair and replace (fascia, soffit, trim)
- Wood Siding and Brick
- Window Trim Painting or Replacement
- Exterior Door Painting or Replacement
What factors go into the cost of exterior painting when hiring an exterior painting company?
- Size of the project: Factors such as square footage, 1 or 2 stories, etc
- Preparation work: pressure washing, scraping old paint, sanding, caulking, priming, repairing/replacing wood such as siding, soffit, or facia. We want the surface to be in great condition before we paint.
- Paint quality and finish: Texas can have harsh weather, so you need an exterior paint that is durable and weather resistant. While you might pay more now, you will save money in the long run. The type of finish also affects price such as matte, satin, gloss, etc.
- How complex is the project: Factors such as amount of colors to use, unique surface area, and intricate designs, will determine the skill and expertise your paint needs to do the job right the first time.
- Additional services: If you need more than your home painted, such as deck or fence staining, trim work, new windows, etc. This will of course increase your cost.
How do you determine which exterior paint color to choose?
- Architectural Style of Home: Depending on whether your home is traditional, modern, or victoria, this will determine the color style you should go with.
- Neighborhood and Surroundings(HOA and Historic Districts): Here in North Texas, many of the homes or neighborhoods are similar so unless you are wanting a bold look, it is best to see what you like and don’t like about your neighbors homes and go with a similar look. If you live in an HOA or Historic District, contact one of the board members and they will advise you on what is and isn’t allowed. If you want something out of scope, the board will need this submitted to review and approve.
- Other features of your home: Roof color, siding(brick or wood), trim, garage, and more. For example, if your roof is a darker color, a white or lighter color is good to compliment this. If your garage, doors, etc, all are white, then a darker color around your home is advised to compliment.
Exterior Painting tips you may not have thought about in McKinney and DFW:
- If your home is smaller, choose a lighter color to make it appear larger.
- Consider the undertones of the color – A good example is a gray paint may have a blue undertone, which affects how the paint appears in different lighting.
- Just like your interior, make sure you view the paint you choose at different times of the day since it will appear different throughout the day. Along with this, consider the LRV which is Light Reflectance Value. Colors that reflect more light can stay cooler. The higher the LRV, the heat can be absorbed more to maintain a cooler interior.
- Don’t forget the garage and front door, besides painting your home, these are both focal points that catch the eye of your neighbors walking by. This can add curb appeal to your home. Painting the gutters is also not thought about often but can make your home pop.
- Exterior elements: For example, if your landscaping has items within it like a blue or white, you can match parts of your home to fit this.
- Future maintenance: Because of the harsh summers and winters in DFW, make sure your exterior paint has long-term durability which will save you money in the long run.
Why choose Performance Painting for your exterior painting project? Here are the top 6 reasons:
- We service any property type: Residential, Commercial, Multi-Family
- Proud Member of The Good Contractors List
- 200+ 5 star reviews online
- 10 Year Workmanship Warranty
- A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau and in business over 10 years
- Multiple Financing Options
To learn more about our Performance Painting team, click here. If you want to know if we service your area, please visit our service area page here. Last, if you are unsure if we offer the service you are looking for, please click here to view all of our services. Our team at Performance Painting is located in McKinney, serves all of Dallas – Fort Worth, and looks forward to serving you for your interior painting needs. Schedule your complimentary exterior painting consultation here.