Is it time to freshen up your walls, ceilings, doors — even kitchen cabinets? Welcome to Performance Painting, your go-to destination for exceptional interior painting services. Our expert team is here to help you choose the perfect color for your painting project, transforming the mood and atmosphere of your space. Read on to discover how our services can make your vision a reality, our suggestions on how to choose the right color, and what goes into the interior painting price. We serve residential and commercial properties.
Our Interior Painting Services:
- Wall Painting(Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen, Garage, etc)
- Cabinet Painting(Kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry Room, etc)
- Door Painting, Repair, Replacement
- Trim Painting, Repair, Replacement
- Drywall Repair and Installation
Selecting the Right Color
Determining the ideal interior paint color involves several key considerations. At Performance Painting, we understand the factors that come into play, and how to guide you through them to choose the correct interior painting color. Here’s what you need to know:
- Lighting: Lighting is a crucial element in making a room appear larger or cozier. One we believe is the most important. For an illusion of space, lighter shades of paint, like white, reflect more light, making the room feel larger. On the other hand, darker, pigmented paints create a cozy atmosphere for smaller spaces. Quick tip, make sure you check the lighting at all times during the day.
- Mood and Personal Preference: We believe your paint color should reflect your desired mood and personal taste. Our team considers color psychology to help you choose colors that promote relaxation, energy, or any other feeling you wish to evoke. What is your ultimate goal for that room and its purpose in your household?
- Existing Decor: Complementing your existing decor and furniture is essential for a cohesive look. Our painting consultants will guide you in selecting a color that works well with your furnishings, fireplace, dresser, and other elements in the room.
- Flooring, Molding, and Trim: Choosing the right color for your walls also involves considering the flooring, molding, and trim. We’ll help you find the perfect accent colors that enhance the overall aesthetic of the room.
- Paint Samples and Testing: To ensure you make an informed decision, we provide larger sample boards or larger paint stickers from trusted brands like Sherwin-Williams. These samples allow you to observe the color in different lighting conditions throughout the day, helping you choose color with confidence. You can also use the sticker in multiple places to get the full effect.
- Long-Term Trends: We stay up to date with the latest color trends to ensure your chosen color stands the test of time. Our experts can recommend timeless options that will look great even after a decade.
What factors go into the cost of interior painting?
- The size of the home and project – Typically this is measured by square footage, # of rooms, unique areas to paint around, do we need to move furniture, and 1 or 2 story homes. The more complex the project, the more time, labor, and resources we will need which leads to a higher cost. This is why we recommend using a professional painter that doesn’t cut corners. Within our price we include covering all the floors and furnishings for no extra cost.
- Surface Condition: If the walls are in good condition and require minimal prep work, then the cost can be lower. However, if the walls have cracks, holes, needs new texture, this will take more time and increase your cost.
- Paint Quality and Type of Finish: Higher end paints are generally more expensive, but are more durable and will last you longer. If you use a lower end paint, you not only have to apply more coats, but if you don’t do this, it won’t last as long and you will have to paint again sooner. The type of finish also plays into cost such as matte, satin, glossy, and more.
- Location of company: Depending on where you live in the United States or Texas, this can determine cost as well based on cost of living. Along with this if you live further out in the country, drive time and overall time will be taken into consideration and cost.
- Additional services: If you are needing trim repair, caulking, new molding, this of course will be extra on top of just painting.
While some companies charge higher than others, insurance, labor warranty, expertise, and time they get it done, all plays into the cost. You pay for the company to get it right the first time.
What is the most durable interior paint?
While there are many different paint brands to choose from, our personal favorite is Sherwin-Williams SuperPaint. It is not only an all in one paint and primer, but comes in a range of finishes and colors. The reason you want to use a higher end paint, is because it creates a long lasting finish, and a surface that can hold up to scrubbing.
Why choose Performance Painting for your interior painting project?
While there are many factors we believe makes us a top choice, the 5 factors below is what puts us above the rest:
- A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau for 10 years
- Member of The Good Contractors List
- 200+ 5 star reviews on google
- 10 year workmanship warranty
- Financing offered as well
To learn more about our Performance Painting team, click here. If you want to know if we service your area, please visit our service area page here. Last, if you are unsure if we offer the service you are looking for, please click here to view all of our services. Our team at Performance Painting is located in McKinney, serves all of Dallas – Fort Worth, and looks forward to serving you for your interior painting needs. Schedule your complimentary interior painting consultation here.