You are likely on this page because you are wondering if ReTexturing walls is a service we offer, and you want to learn about our process. You might also be wondering what types of texture there are? On this page we will discuss our process whether you want to do it yourself, or save time and hire a professional painting company to retexture your walls. Our painting team is located in McKinney, serves all of DFW, has an A+ BBB Rating, on The Good Contractors List, and looks forward to serving you for your wall texture needs.
Our wall retexture process:
- The first step to retexturing walls is removing all of the old texture. This process is done by either spraying warm water and scraping old texture off(Acoustic Texture), or for Crowfoot we scrape or knock edges off rough texture.
- Drywall repairs can be tedious, but are needed before you start your next step. Make sure you use the right joint compound, and spread the tape wide enough. Depending on how thick or thin you need to cover the spot, is how much water you need to add.
- Next you will apply the texture compound with either a roller, brush, or sprayer. Tip: If you use a longer nap roller, it will give you more texture, and shorter nap roller will have less texture. Many times we use several coats of mud to smooth and level the area before applying the texture.
- Before we move onto priming and painting, we need to let the texture dry completely. This also goes for wallpaper installation.
- To finish the process you will move into our interior painting steps where we prime then paint the walls based on what we discussed during our complimentary color consultation. Click here to schedule now.
Not sure which texture is out there, or which texture to choose?
These are the more popular textures we see in Dallas – Fort Worth, but there are many more out there.
- Knockdown Texture(Most Common): This is a type of texture where you apply a layer of compound, and then knock down with a putty knife before applying. Ultimate this gives you a random bumpy texture.
- Spray Texture: This is a mixture of joint compound and water sprayed on the wall, which creates a uniform texture.
- Stipple Texture: Instead of spraying, this type of compound goes on the wall with a brush to create a small and dotted texture.
- Velvet Texture: In order to create the Velvet Texture look, you need to drag a piece of fabric over the texture you have applied on the wall softly. This creates a soft and velvety texture.
- Other types of texture include orange peel, sand swirl, skip towel, and slap brush.
Depending on how much texture you want is what determines the type of product we use.
Here are some tips to determine which texture you should choose for your home or business in DFW
ReTexturing walls can be a great way to add new style into your home. For example if you are going for a modern look, we recommend using velvet texture, and if you are going for a rustic look, then use knockdown. However it is all based on personal preference, and style of that specific room.
Because texture can be a mess, start with small sections so you can take your time. To make sure the texture is even, make sure you then use a level. During this process, you also want to wear a dust mask to protect yourself from the dust during the sanding process.
Our Performance Painting Services:
Typically ReTexturing of walls is part of a larger remodeling project in your home, so here are all of the services our Performance Painting in McKinney team offers for all of Dallas – Fort Worth. These services include: Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Remodeling, Drywall repair and installation, popcorn ceiling removal, door installation, texturing walls, flooring, fence staining, window replacement, siding repair and replacement, tile backsplash installation, countertop installation, tub refinishing, trim and crown molding installation, cabinet painting, and much more. We also partner with our Performance Roofing team in McKinney and all of DFW for your roof and gutter needs.
When you need the top painting company in McKinney and DFW to retexture your walls, you know who to call. Performance Painting office number is 972-360-8042, or click here to schedule your free wall retexture estimate.